Wednesday, March 20, 2013

April Movies =)

April looks to be a decent month for movies. A couple big titles coming out within several genres. Cannot wait to discuss these movies with you!

The Company You Keep
>Looks like it could be one of the great ones this year! A lot of big names on that screen, and some of them are even pretty good actors. I'm not confident this one will make it to town though.
Jurassic Park: 3D
>I remember seeing Jurassic Park at the drive-in theater with my dad when I was a kid. I think it has a lot of potential as a 3D movie. Can't wait to see!
The Brass Teapot
>I am pretty sure this one will be overlooked by our lovely cinema owner, but I think it has potential for good comedy and it looks like even a little action. Worth a watch anyway.
Oblivion
>Most sci-fi movies will make it on my lists. I'm not really nerdy (although I have been to comic-con) but I enjoy the heck out of good sci-fi. I think Tom Cruise is a terrible actor, but I like most of his movies. And I love Morgan Freeman.
42
>I'm planning on having a few tears leak out during this one. Jackie Robinson was undeniably a great inspiration to many people back then and continues to be a good role model for people today.
To the Wonder
>Probably one of the weirdest movie trailers I have watched recently. But, it worked. I want to see it without doing much research on it.
Pain and Gain
>Who doesn't love Mark Wahlberg? Sure, he's not a great actor. But, I think he has improved. And look at him.. yum. It helps that I enjoy movies inspired by true events. Could be decent.
The Big Wedding
>My comedy for the month. As a general rule, I don't watch a lot of comedies. Especially when they have Katherine Heigl (ugh). Luckily, I enjoy De Niro in comedy and I think he can make up for Heigl.
At Any Price
>Looks intense? I'm not sure on this one. It could be amazing.. or a complete dud.
The Reluctant Fundamentalist
>I think this looks amazing. Maybe a bit controversial.. but that's what makes it great. Looking forward to it.

4 comments:

  1. This will be a good read. I love to know people's opinions on new movies. I haven't heard of 90% of the ones you mentioned though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90% of these movies are probably not going to come here anyway. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Pain and gain.....can't forget about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Come on now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew you would say something about that. I just am not attracted to him on any level. Sorry. =P

      Delete